In accordance with the adopted NIMSI Quality Policy, a concept was developed for the NIMSI for 2018-202 3 years (considered at the meeting of the Academic Council Protocol No. 05/18 dated 09/17/2018 year and approved by the rector of NIMSI ).
The management system of the institute is formed taking into account the laws “On Education”, and provides for the implementation of the adopted mission of the Institute. The current management system includes the control and implementation of management decisions: focus, efficiency, collegiality, transparency, performance.
For the implementation of the mission, goals and objectives of the institute, there are the Educational and Methodological Council, 2departments that plan, organize and ensure the implementation of work. Structural units of NIMSI plans to ensure monitoring of the implementation of strategic and current plans of the institute, academic mobility of students and teachers. The main indicators of the activity of an educational institution include: personnel potential, educational, scientific and methodological work, research work, material and technical base.
In general, for the implementation of the mission of the institute by the leadership, the organizational structure of the institute has been optimized with a view to its reorientation towards solving a set of innovative tasks, regulations on structural units and job descriptions for managers at all levels, and organizational structures of the university have been drawn up. The planning system was revised to take into account external and internal risks; the system for integrated assessment of the teaching staff’s activities, departments , was modernized. An electronic document management system has been introduced, changes have been made to the system of moral and material incentives for faculty and staff. In order to prepare a draft mission, goals and objectives of the institute, the main results of the activities of the institute were analyzed. The development of the mission, goals and objectives of the institute was carried out by a working group consisting of the heads of the structural divisions of the institute. The members of the working group also studied the requirements for the mission of the institute and its formulation. The project of the mission, goals and objectives of the institute was posted for review and broad discussion in the structural units. Received comments and suggestions were considered at the meeting of the Academic Council, after which their final versions were formulated. At the meeting of the Academic Council, the mission, goals ,objectives , concepts, and the main professional educational programs of the Institute were adopted. Guided by the mission and vision, the team of the institute has defined strategic goals and objectives aimed at improving its efficiency and image.
Based on the accepted mission of the Institute, the following were developed:
The main professional educational program of higher vocational education in the specialty 560001 “Medicine”, where goals and expected results are clearly marked.
The goal of the program . The goal in the field of education is:
training of a doctor with general and special competences, universal and subject-specific competences that contribute to his social mobility and stability in the labor market, readiness for postgraduate training with the subsequent implementation of professional medical activity in the chosen field.
The goal in the field of education of the individual is:
developing students’ sense of purpose, organization, diligence, responsibility, citizenship, communication, tolerance, raising the general culture.
The area of professional activity of graduates in the specialty 5 60001
Medical business includes a set of technologies, tools, methods and methods of human activity aimed at preserving and improving the health of the population by ensuring the appropriate quality of medical care (therapeutic and preventive, medical and social).
Objects of professional activity of graduates in the specialty 5 60001 Medical business are:
· children and teenagers under the age of 18
· adult population over the age of 18
· a set of tools and technologies aimed at creating conditions for maintaining health, ensuring prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases .
Types of professional activities of graduates:
· organizational and managerial;
The tasks of the professional activity of graduates in the specialty 5 60001 General Medicine
· the implementation of measures to promote the health of children, adolescents and adults;
· prevention of diseases among children, adolescents and adults;
· the formation of the adult population and children motivation to preserve and promote health;
· carrying out preventive and anti-epidemiological measures aimed at preventing the occurrence of diseases;
· implementation of dispensary observation of the adult population, adolescents and children;
· carrying out sanitary and educational work among the adult population, children, their relatives and medical personnel in order to form a healthy lifestyle.
· diagnosis of diseases and pathological conditions in children, adolescents and adults based on their knowledge of propaedeutic and laboratory-instrumental methods of research;
· diagnosis of emergency conditions in children, adolescents and adults;
· diagnosis of pregnancy.
· treatment of adults, adolescents and children using therapeutic and surgical methods;
· management of physiological and pathological pregnancy;
· providing medical care to adults, adolescents and children with emergency conditions;
· carrying out medical-evacuation measures in emergency situations and rendering medical assistance to the population in extreme conditions of epidemics, in the outbreaks of mass destruction;
· organization of work with drugs and compliance with the rules for their use and storage .
· rehabilitation activities for adults, adolescents and children who have had a physical illness, injury or surgery;
· the use of physical therapy, physiotherapy and resort factors in adults, adolescents and children , with a preventive purpose and in need of rehabilitation.
· the formation of the adult population, adolescents and children of positive medical behavior aimed at maintaining and improving the level of health;
· the formation of the adult population, adolescents and children motivation to a healthy lifestyle, including the elimination of harmful habits that adversely affect the health of the younger generation;
· training of adults, adolescents and children in basic health-promoting activities that contribute to the prevention of disease and health.
Organizational and managerial type of activity:
· knowledge of the healthcare organization system and referral system
· medical records in the hospital and at the primary health care level;
· Compliance with the quality of medical and diagnostic and rehabilitation and preventive care for adults and children ;
· business correspondence (memos, reports, letters, etc.).
· analysis of scientific literature and official statistical reviews;
· preparation of reports on the specialty;
· participation in the statistical analysis and preparation of a report on the study.
Expected learning outcomes
· A graduate in the specialty 560001 Medical business with the assignment of the qualification of a specialist “Physician” in accordance with the objectives of the OOP and the tasks of professional activity specified in paragraphs. 3.4 and 3.8 of this SES-HPE should have the following competencies:
· a) universal:
· General scientific competence (QA)
· OK-1 – is able to analyze socially significant problems and processes, to use in practice the methods of humanitarian, natural sciences, biomedical and clinical sciences in various types of professional and social activities ;
· OK-2 – is capable of analyzing ideological, socially and personally significant problems, the main philosophical categories, to self-improvement;
· OK-3 – is capable of analyzing significant political events and trends, mastering the basic concepts and laws of the world historical process, respectful and caring attitude to historical heritage and traditions, possess knowledge of historical and medical terminology;
· OK-4 – is able to analyze economic problems and social processes, use methods of economic relations in the health care system;
· OK-5 – capable of logical and reasoned analysis, public speaking, discussion and controversy, the implementation of educational and educational activities, cooperation and conflict resolution; to tolerance;
· OK-6 – is able and willing to learn one of the foreign languages at the level of everyday communication, written and oral communication in the official language and official languages ;
· OK-7 – able to use management techniques; to organize the work of the team, to find and make responsible management decisions within their professional competence;
· OK-8 – is able to carry out its activities in accordance with the moral and legal norms adopted in society; follow the rules of medical ethics, laws and regulations on working with confidential information; keep medical confidentiality.
· And Instrumental Competence (IC)
· IK-1 – the ability to work independently on a computer (elementary skills);
· IK-2 – ready for written and oral communication in the state language and the official language, able to master one of the foreign languages at the level of everyday communication;
· IR-3- is able to use management techniques; organize the work of performers; find and make responsible management decisions in the context of different opinions and within their professional competence;
· IR – 4 – willingness to work with information from various sources.
· 5.1.3. Socio-personal and general cultural competence (SLC)
· SLK-1 – is able to implement the ethical and deontological aspects of medical activities in communication with colleagues, nurses and junior staff, the adult population and children ;
· SLK -2 – is able and ready to reveal the natural science essence of the problems arising in the course of the doctor’s professional activities;
· SLK-3 – is capable of analyzing medical information based on the principles of evidence-based medicine;
· SLK-4 – is able to apply modern social and hygienic methods of collecting and medical and statistical analysis of information on children’s health indicators;
· SLK-5 – is able to use methods for assessing natural (including climatogeographic) and medico-social environmental factors in the development of diseases in children and adolescents, to carry out their correction;
· b) professional (PC):
· Professional competencies
· PC-1 is able to analyze the results of its own activities to prevent medical errors, while being aware of the disciplinary, administrative, civil and criminal liability;
· P K-2 – is able and willing to conduct and interpret a survey, physical examination, clinical examination, the results of modern laboratory and instrumental studies, write a medical card of an outpatient and inpatient adult and child ;
· PC-3- is capable of conducting pathophysiological analysis of clinical syndromes, substantiating pathogenetically justified methods (principles) of diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention among adults and children , taking into account their age and sex groups;
· PC-4 – is able to apply the methods of asepsis and antisepsis, use medical tools, own the technique of care for sick adults and children;
· PC-5 is capable of working with medical and technical equipment used in working with patients, owning computer equipment, receiving information from various sources, working with information in global computer networks, using the capabilities of modern information technologies to solve professional problems;
· PC-6 – is able to apply modern information on public health indicators at the level of health care facilities;
· Preventive activities
· PC-7 – to carry out preventive measures to prevent infectious, parasitic and non-communicable diseases, to carry out sanitary educational work on hygiene issues;
· PC-8 – is able to carry out preventive measures with the attached population to prevent the occurrence of the most frequent diseases, to carry out general health measures to promote a healthy lifestyle, taking into account risk factors, to give recommendations on healthy eating;
· PC-9 – is able to carry out the selection of persons for observation, taking into account the results of mass tuberculin diagnosis and fluorography, to evaluate its results for the purpose of early detection of tuberculosis;
· PC-10 – is able to carry out anti-epidemic measures, protection of the population in the outbreaks of particularly dangerous infections, with a deterioration of the radiation situation and natural disasters;
· Diagnostic activities
· P K-11 – capable and ready for diagnosis based on the results of biochemical and clinical studies, taking into account the course of pathology in organs, systems and the organism as a whole;
· PC-12 is able to analyze the patterns of functioning of individual organs and systems, use the knowledge of anatomical and physiological features, the main methods of clinical and laboratory examination and assessment of the functional state of the body of an adult and children, for timely diagnosis of diseases and pathological processes;
· PC-13 is able to identify the main pathological symptoms and disease syndromes in patients, using knowledge of the fundamentals of biomedical and clinical disciplines, taking into account the course of pathology in organs, body systems in general, analyze the patterns of functioning of organs and systems in various diseases and pathological processes, use the algorithm of diagnosis (main, concomitant, complications), taking into account ICD-10, perform basic diagnostic measures to identify urgent and life-threateningTATUS;
· Therapeutic activity
· PC-14 – able to perform basic medical measures in the most common diseases and conditions in adults and children ;
· P K-15 – is able to prescribe adequate treatment to patients in accordance with the diagnosis;
· P K-16 – is able to carry out the first medical aid to the adult population and children in the event of the emergence of urgent and life-threatening conditions, to send patients to hospitalization in a planned and emergency manner;
· P K-17 – able to prescribe patients with adequate treatment in accordance with the diagnosis;
· P K-18 – is able to carry out first medical aid to the adult population and children in the event of the emergence of urgent and life-threatening conditions, to direct patients to hospitalization in a planned and emergency manner;
· Rehabilitation activities
· P K-19 – is capable and ready to apply rehabilitation measures (medical, social and professional) among the adult population and children with the most common pathological conditions and injuries of the body;
· PC-20 – is able to make recommendations on the choice of regimen, determine indications and contraindications for prescribing remedial physical therapy, physiotherapy, non-pharmacological treatments, using the main resort factors in the treatment of adults and children ;
· Educational activities
· PC-21 – capable of teaching middle and junior medical personnel and patients the rules of sanitary and hygienic regime, ethical and deontological principles;
· PC-22 – capable of teaching the adult population, children the rules of medical behavior; to their hygienic procedures, to the formation of skills for a healthy lifestyle;
· Organizational and management activities
· PC-23 – is able to use the regulatory documentation adopted in the health care of the Kyrgyz Republic;
· PC-24 – able to use the knowledge of the organizational structure, health organizations. Referral and redirection system;
· P K-25 – capable of ensuring the rational organization of labor of middle and junior medical personnel of medical institutions;
· PC-26 – should know the main issues of the examination of working capacity (temporary) among the population, carry out prevention of disability among adults and children ;
· Research activities
· PC-27 – to study the scientific and medical information, domestic and foreign experience on the subject of the study;